2012 was hands-down one of the best our family has ever seen!! Just in case you missed anything, I’ve put together a list of posts from each month that will get you up to speed :)
January was a little slow
- I turned 29…
- I shared that I was finally sure that I was okay with the fact that I would forever be a mom of five!
February was definitely NOT slow ;)
- We had a really difficult time wherein Tre saved my mom’s life.
- I wrote some of my thoughts on parental alienation syndrome and shared some information about bullying.
- I decided that I had to do something different to get some relief from Fibromyalgia.
- Briyana turned TWELVE — officially a preteen — and then Kaleb turned 11!
- I expressed some reflections on why I’m grateful to God as well as revealing some of my not-so-beautiful teenage love story.
- I updated our family’s Rules and Chores system, which has become extremely popular!
- I auditioned for The Voice (for the second time) and shared my experience — and some advice.
- I talked about co-parenting and then my heart broke for Trayvon Martin :(
- I shared some wisdom with other parents about WHY you should talk to your children and then I wrote a great article about what motherhood is to me.
- I talked about how proud I am of my son!!!
- Relationships: I sent a shout out to my best friends :) and then I talked about the importance of constantly working on your marriage.
- I joined a fitness boot camp!
- Mother’s Day made me realize my ultimate purpose in life and then I also realized that I need to give more of me to God.
- I posted some new song covers :)
- I finished FOUR WEEKS of boot camp — and then I decided to do it all over again!
- I shared some pretty intimate details about the humble start of mine and Barry’s life together.
- 7 weeks into boot camp, my health DRASTICALLY improved in a life-changing way!
- Father’s Day spurred a touching post about my husband and I shared my appreciation for my kids’ presence in my life!
- Zoe turned 4… and somehow I totally failed to write about it. Sorry :-/
- I reminisced on my husband’s football days and shared some things about his personality that I admire!
- Have you ever considered where your marriage is as it goes through cycles?
- I talked a bit about why I parent the way that I do — motherhood ain’t easy!
- I wrote about my son… and about how my blog neglects him sometimes LOL
- I actually worked a Four Non Blondes song into a blog post. Don’t ask me how that happened.
- I shared my workout schedule and some great exercises you can do at home.
- Tre broke his leg in a football game :(
- I got iHeart7 put on my license plate!!!
- Avalyn turned six years old … then Shynea tried to kill her (lol)
- Avalyn turned 7 and then Tre turned 11 — crazy, right?!!
- I realized that change has to start with me and then I wrote about talking black.
- I shared how I balance my “diet” … or um, non-diet. Whatever.
- I started a weekly series about the things that make me love my husband! Oh, I also started a fitness website. Sort of.
- I did my FIRST live-in-person performance (no, the Today Show doesn’t count – that was TV) at the Susan G Komen 3-Day Event in Atlanta!
- We took care of some business in Mississippi and got to visit with Kylan and Kaleb! There are TONS of pics in that post!
- Barry and I gave the kids a lesson in caring –– and honesty.
- I celebrated NOT being overweight for the first time in, like, forever. I shared a ton of pics in this post, too!
- My baby brother came to visit me for the first time in nearly two decades!
- I posted some new song covers…
- The end of the year made me reflect on my fitness progress during 2012!