Happy February! {and sorry I’ve been M.I.A!}

It’s FEBRUARY! Every year, time begins to move faster. Like every mother does at some point, gotten to where I now stress to my children how important it is to enjoy their childhood because once those loooooong years are over, you realize just how fast life really does pass you by. Case in point, my first born will be 12 years old on Monday. WHO TOLD HER THAT WAS OKAY?!?! I joke about it being terrifying, but thankfully she’s a great kid with a very level head on her shoulders so I’m thinking I won’t have to worry too much about her. Of course, that could be wishful thinking… but if I haven’t done anything else, I’ve definitely prepared her for what to expect over the next few years so at least she’s got that.

The last few days have been a total blur. Friday morning, I left to meet Shynea in Douglasville for lunch at Applebee’s. We had such a great time, laughing, talking, catching up. Afterwards, I stopped by FedEx to overnight something and had to stop off and get a charger for my phone because mine decided to die. I ended up getting home around 5pm and had to get Talia ready for a slumber party she was invited to. We left just after 6 to drop her off, pick up Briyana’s friend, and take them to the skating rink. I was about to pull out of the parking lot when I noticed my phone was off… I plugged it in and turned it on. Zoe and I started on our way home when a text message popped up on my phone from Tre. He and Ava had decided to stay home with my mom instead of riding with me. Thank GOD they did.

The texts said:

Of course, I freaked out and went as fast as I could to get home. When I got there less than ten minutes later, I found my mom already in the ambulance and firemen sitting with Tre and Ava. Had I not let the kids stay home with her, I don’t even want to think about what would have happened. She was downstairs in the media room and couldn’t breathe. She likely would not have even made it up the stairs to let the EMTs inside. They took her to the hospital while I tried to figure out what in the world to do with all of the kids. Barry is offshore right now. Talia was already at a sleepover and I took Tre to a friend’s house to spend the night.


  1. says

    As crazy as things have been for you, I know that you, of all people, can handle it. I can see that “S” on your chest all the way up here in MD. Hugs and prayers for you and your family. I hope you get some rest soon.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *