This year has been fantastic and filled with so many changes… here’s a list of posts from each month that will get you up to date if you missed anything :)
- I turned 28… without my husband :( The first birthday I’ve ever spent away from him. But, I found a house :)
- I was chosen as a Mamavation finalist… and I considered saying, “Screw it!” haha
- I gave some tips about non-traditional parenting in the first post of a new series.
- Briyana turned 11 :) which sort of gave me a panic attack haha
- I expressed my feelings regarding the importance of family and how wrong it is to include children in parenting disagreements.
- I sort of stabbed myself with a fork. Yeah, that.
March was full of vlogs – happy viewing :)
- I did a very candid video regarding my feelings about women who keep children away from their fathers.
- I finished the Mamavation Move It & Lose It challenge and finally spoke about my insecurities about my teeth!
- I recorded an open letter to my husband, got Zoe’s ears pierced, and shared why I cry sometimes!
- I provided tips on creating rules and chore chart systems for children, which has become quite popular :)
- The kids’ cousin came to live with us, recorded a video about why we should talk to kids about sex, and wrote about meshing life with religion.
- I got a little disappointed that as my kids get older, there will be things I can’t blog about LOL
- Bri and Tre both placed in the school talent show and all the kids made me proud at Awards Day <– Part 1 & Part 2 —> YAY! :) Then Ava graduated Kindergarten!
- I exposed some dirty little secrets, and ended up having a nice Mother’s Day :)
- I did a parenting “how-NOT-to” article and decided to run off to New York and sing on the Today Show.
- I had a fabulous time flying back and forth to New York twice to participate in the Today’s Voice competition! (This link brings up all the posts regarding that experience, not just one article…)
- Zoe got a knot that made her look like Avatar.
- We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and I started trying to find myself…
- I recorded my first ever country song cover LOL (Thrice.)
- We moved. Yes, again. We’re officially Georgians!
- I’m branching out into new genre territory — and loving it! Here’s I Can’t Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt.
- We had our busiest week of the year!
- I felt a little guilty about being SUPER frustrated.
- I blogged about my battle without scars — Fibromyalgia. Then I blogged about it again. Then my MOM blogged about it for me.
- I updated everyone about Talia’s headaches and then updated on our whole family :)
- Avalyn turned six years old … then Shynea tried to kill her (lol)
- I got hooked up with Kia & Atlanta Diaper Relief, had a great time at the Woodruff, and met a bunch of Atlanta bloggers in person — SWEEEET!
- I talked about my experience of being 16 and Pregnant.
- I found out that sometimes giving advice also means getting advice :)
- My husband proved that he’s the best man ever with such a little gesture.
- We started the 100-day countdown to Bri actually being a preteen and as a result, I blogged about giving children privacy (or not) as well as a parent’s duty to supervise and protect!
- I finished a post I’d been writing for MONTHS regarding marital mindset in today’s society…
- We had Thanksgiving dinner SUPER early and I wrote my list of what I’m thankful for.
- My oldest stepson turned 12 and I wrote him a letter.
- I blogged about my Fibromyalgia fears, celebrated 14 years with my husband, and then he turned 30 :)
- We finally made the decision to not have any more children (which made me sad)…
- I explained why I would never give up true love for ANYTHING.
- Talia turned 9, we kept Christ in Christmas, and I reflected on a wonderful year!